Musician’s Corner CD
Professional Development for “Next-Generation” Rock Stars!
Effective, real-world indie music promotion, strategies, solutions, motivation, and inspiration for beginning bands and independent musicians (and their supporters) to stop sucking and start succeeding! Written in a concise, easy-to-understand style, this is Psychology for Success in Music! You need to know how to promote & sell your music better than your competition. The Musician’s Corner® reveals the secrets from a professional musician’s and manager’s perspective. No pie-in-the-sky scenarios, just effective tips, techniques, and insights that deliver results right away! This audio book talks extensively about three main areas:
MONEY – how to make more of it as an independent artist!
MARKETING – how & why to sell yourself first, your music second!
MYTHS – what you don’t know, you don’t know, about the music biz!
The messages contained throughout the Musician’s Corner® audio book deliver a “reality mentality” by blending honesty with inspiration; the practical with the positive. I’m blunt up front but always end with encouragement. >> TESTIMONIALS
This material is not for the unteachable… I don’t want to talk to those who are jaded and jilted; the negative nay-sayers who think they know it all. If that’s you, this ‘aint for you.
This material is for those who are willing to learn and eager to get honest about this business of music that they are into. These resources are for those who are passionate about making progress with their music by investing time in the subtleties of success that any business requires, but are often over-looked.
I am not here to teach you how to play a “C” chord, I am here to make you “see” the realities required to become a successful independent artist or group.
Don’t be one of those groups who do nothing, know no one, and end up going nowhere…
The Musician’s Corner® is a registered trademark and a nationally syndicated series of columns, articles and radio segments that have appeared and aired on hundreds of music websites, in print publications, and on broadcast and internet radio stations since 2001. Tom Leu’s Musician’s Corner® books, articles & audio books teach players and parents alike how to market and sell their music more effectively, more often by exposing the often-overlooked secrets and strategies that independent musicians NEED to know for success in music! No fluff, no filler directly from Tom’s 25+ years as a musician himself. Think you can handle it?
So who is this information for?
1) Independent bands & artists who aren’t too proud to realize they don’t know it all or they’d be farther along by now!
2) Parents & supporters of independent artists who want to help them succeed by shortening the learning curve for success in music!
If you are a parent or enthusiastic supporter of the next “American Idol” or “Rock Star,” then do everyone a favor by learning the necessary marketing and promotion strategies to help take them from obscurity to celebrity with the Musician’s Corner® books!
If you’re serious, it’s time to get serious… the challenge is real!
“Money, Marketing, & Myths Inside the Musician’s Corner is a highly informative Book/CD set that should be an indispensable part of any serious musician or artist’s library. As I say on my radio show: “There are no secrets, only that which you don’t know, and when you know it – it’s no longer a secret.” The Musician’s Corner resources will help reveal the “secrets.”
– Samm Brown, Award-winning songwriter, producer, radio show host, and arranger for acts including Michael Jackson, The Supremes, The Miracles, & New Edition and other Motown artists. Samm is the recipient of many RIAA gold & platinum and ASCAP awards.
“Tom Leu’s success techniques and positive (but realistic) approach can be applied to a lot more than just the business of creating and marketing sound. Unlike many resources of this type, it’s also an entertaining reading experience. Leu speaks in terms that can be understood by virtually anyone, and speaks with a passion that’s downright contagious!”
– Gary Hill, author and music journalist
“The Musician’s Corner®” and “New Band Tips” articles reprint rights by permission only. If you like what you read, you may reprint and/or republish these writings along with an approved *bio blurb & photo* for each article used. Email us to include articles on your website or in your print publication.
1) Hometown to the Hall of Fame 2) Gossip, Guts, & Glory 3) Talent, Tenacity, & Timing 4) Help Each Other to Help Yourself 5) Working in the Music Biz 6) Change Is Inevitable 7) Build It & They Will Come 8) Marketing & Promotion 9) Band Business 10) The If To 11) Rock-n-roll Reviews 12) Create Your Own Luck 13) Covers Or Originals? 14) The Customer Is Always Right 15) Backstage Pass 16) Songs Or Records? 17) Traps 18) Tips 19) Contracts Are Your Friend 20) Fantastic 21) Image Is Something 22) Collaboration 23) Commitment 24) Judge A Book 25) Distance 26) Carpe Diem
Listen to the 77 minute, 26 track audio book on Spotify >> HERE
Tom’s second book, 21 Days of Distinction, click here >>